top of page
Criminal Lawyer Quincy MA


Harassment prevention orders aren’t limited to specific types of relationships.

Criminal Defense Attorney South Shor MA


  • Experienced Former Massachusetts Prosecutor

  • Aggressive Criminal Defender in over 50 Courts

  • Former Director of Statewide Task Force



" Every case and every client is different... I evaluate how any course of action or outcome will affect you, your family and your life "

You can ask for a Harassment Prevention Order (a "258E Order) from a judge if you’re suffering from harassment because someone has committed 3 or more acts:

  • That were willful and malicious. This means it was done on purpose and was done for cruelty, hostility or revenge

  • Were aimed at you.

  • Were intended to cause you fear, intimidation, abuse, or damage to property. “Abuse” means causing or attempting to cause physical harm, or causing fear of imminent serious physical harm.

  • Did in fact cause you fear, intimidation, abuse or damage to property


  • Someone has forced you to have sex or threatened you into having sex at least once


  • Someone has committed 1 of these crimes against you at least once:

    • Indecent assault and battery

    • Rape

    • Statutory rape

    • Assault with intent to rape

    • Enticement of a child

    • Criminal stalking

    • Criminal harassment

    • Drugging for sexual intercourse


A harassment prevention order can be applied for and granted during regular business hours or by an on-call Judge after hours. In either scenario the plaintiff (person seeking the order) appears before a judge and swears an affidavit putting forth the reasons that support the request for the order.

When the order issues the respondent (person against whom order is sought) has an absolute right to a two-party hearing. It is at this hearing they can argue against this order and submit evidence on their behalf explain why the order shouldn’t issue. This is often the only opportunity to tell your side of the story.

If the respondent does not appear to contest the order it will be granted the vast majority of the time. The order can and often does grant temporary custody of minor children and can also set a temporary monetary value of support.

If you or a loved one has had a restraining order filed against them call Attorney Michael Bradley to protect your rights (617) 602-5039.



  • Facebook Social Icon

1145 Hancock St, Ste E, Quincy MA 02169 
80 Washington St, Bld K, Norwell MA 02061


Tel:  617-602-5039


Click Here to Find Us

For any general inquiries, please fill in the following contact form. For immediate service please call Attorney Bradley directly at (617) 602-5039.

bottom of page